I'm a terrible, terrible blogger. No, I am. Don't try to persuade me otherwise, I know it, and the fact that this is the first post on the blog since April illustrates that.
Life has got in the way of me doing the things I have wanted to be doing and the blog has really taken a hit as a result.
I also deleted the Mixamorphosis Facebook page; you may have noticed. The reason for this was two-fold. First, I had been receiving a lot of trolling in Private Messages - from who, I do not know as they hid behind an account with a generic name of "Facebook User" with a long number behind it. The trolling was mostly to tell me how rubbish my mixes were, which is fine, I am not terribly bothered about that because I do it for my own pleasure, not for making money or to make a name for myself. I would let a couple these messages slide, then block the user and a day or two later I'd get more messages from an account that had a different number - and that process of message, block, new troll account continued for a couple of months.
Because I was never really interested in numbers of 'likes', 'plays', 'followers' etc, it wasn't a hard decision to just shut the page down, and the second reason behind shutting the Facebook page was that it would also be a good thing to do whilst I had a think about whether I wanted to continue with the blog, without the distraction of being trolled on Facebook every other day.
The decision I have come to is that I will be keeping the blog on. I may or may not open a new Facebook page, if I do it won't be until some time in the new year. If I do it will be linked up on the blog and of course Soundcloud etc.If people troll, they will be ignored, as they were before.... but I won't even bother blocking this time. If it were to happen again, then I'll be letting it slide entirely - I am sure they'd get bored soon enough.
I had kind of made my mind up a long while back that I was going to posting less in terms of promoting other people, which the blog had evolved into, and go back to why I started it and mostly use it as a place for my own things. Not to say that I will limit the blog entirely to my own mixes, but it'll mostly be about that.
I have a busy start to 2014 planned, but I have a couple of exciting things in the pipeline that I'll be able to speak about soon. In the meantime, I am going to have a wee holiday and leave these couple of mixes here in the meantime.
The first mix is one I recorded a couple of years ago, the second is one I recorded just a couple of weeks back.
Catch you in the New Year, if not sooner.
1. Chris Carter - Moonlight (Oneohtrix Point Never Remix)
2. Zoo Look - Early Doors
3. DJ Steef - Simply Beautiful
4. Heion - Off
5. Domes - Who Are You? [Free via Soundcloud]
6. Matthew Kyle - Ain't No Love [Free via Soundcloud]
7. Curtis Mayfield - Gimme your Love (78 Edits 'Gimme Some Dub' Remix)
8. Kastil - Baltimore Thunder
9. DJ Steef - Knucklebeat
10. SE62 - Wax Pencils
11. Duff Disco - Return Of The Duff [Currently free - see link for info]
12. The Glue - Our Love Is An Edit [Free via Soundcloud]
13. Carly Simon - Why? (Le Sale Dub Edit) [Free via Soundcloud]
14. Sister Sledge - Let's Go On Vacation
1. Bon Iver - Wolves (Kll Thm Wth Clr Remix)
2. 12TTB - Untitled
3. Bjork - Come To Me (PhoenixRe-Work)
4. Jona Saucedo - Just Kickin' It
5. Marti Caine - Love The Way (Micamino Edit)
6. Gil Scott Heron - Angel Dust (Karim's Mixamorphosis Edit)
7. The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23 (Out Of The Basement Edit)
8. Bobby Womack - Nobody Want's You When You're Down And Out (Matthew Kyle Edit)
9. Boule Noire - Aimes-tu La Vie Comme Moi (The Noodleman Dub)
10. Brendon P - Mo' Lovin'
11. Chante Moore - Love's Taken Over (Bydesign Edit)
12. Sylvia Striplin - You Can't Turn Me Away (Edit)