I'm going to double up on this post. Not only am I posting the 4th instalment of the Chilled Spring series from Matthew Foord, but I'm going to share Matthews guest mix for the good people at Dusk Dubs which was released today.
First things first, here's the links you'll need to keep up with Matthew -
So, first up I'm going to share todays Dusk Dubs selection that Matthew has put together. The concept of the Dusk Dubs mixtapes is that the tracks should be more of a 'Back to Mine' vibe and that they should carry some meaning to the selector. If you head over to the Dusk Dubs website you can read exactly what each track means for Matthew and why he included the track.
07. Japan - Ghosts
Moving on with what I'm really supposed to be sharing now; the 4th instalment of Chilled Spring. At the time of writing this, I don't have a tracklist for you, but if it comes I will add it in. What I will say about the mix is this - I'm a fan of the selections Matthew puts together normally but this selection is on another level. The track choices and the flow in particular make this my favourite mix to date from Matthew. Download the mix and play it at your leisure. You won't regret it.
01. This Mortal Coil - Velvet Belly
02. Vivaldi - Transition / Spring
03. Matt Coldrick - Throat Blue Unity
04. Larkin - Two Souls Dance
05. David Sylvian - The Song Which Gives The Key To Perfection
06. Pandit Shiv Kumar Sharma - Raag Pahadi
07. Natacha Atlas - Adam's Lullaby
08. Alice Coltrane - Journey In Satchidananda ft. Pharaoh Sanders
09. Pink Floyd - Grantchester Meadows
10. The Naturals - Babblin' Brooke
11. Alucidnation - Spring
12. Simon Peter - Arc Of Lark
13. Paul Hunter - Peaceful Morning
14. D-Note - The Garden Of Earthly Delights
15. Penguin Cafe Orchestra - Steady State
16. Olafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm - Life Story
17. Sensorama - Aspirin (Global Communication Remix)
18. A Man Called Adam - Easter Song